若缺齋老人 2012-9-27 07:35
1. 唔係唔buy,而係取向問題,大行尤其帝資的唔會單睇人分數而請人(雖然好緊要),London U External認受性冇問題,不過單讀London U的在課外表現、推薦信等比較空白,除非係已經工作過幾年、又或有第一學位可以填補這些空白,否則單係一張證書而冇其他野要入大行就較難,高分的間間學校都有但"純"London U External畢業生就在其他因素上比較吃虧,再講的確London U External難高分一點;
2. 有點多餘的比較,間間學校最top的都有唔錯的機會,雖然比例可能會差一點,不過唔係想像中極端,就算號稱學生非富則貴便是亦富亦貴的藍血大學自家畢業生(單講LL.B.,JD比較好一點,如上所講玩得JD的都普遍比較老、學歷以外本錢多一點)入到大行的都只是一成左右,London U External/神大比藍大可能比例低一點不過影響唔係想像中咁大,相對都係那句,分數、其他特質上影響更重要;
(又當然,院校因素唔係冇,如果係UCL本校讀出來的同London U External/中港城比有明顯優勢,不過已不在此討論範圍;)
3. 你表現幾多就幾多,唔會夾硬拉人,否則就唔會創下某些年份一個first hon都冇的輝煌成績。
[quote]原帖由 [i]gankeel[/i] 於 2012-9-25 05:25 PM 發表 [url=http://www.discuss.com.hk/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=343291661&ptid=20894001][img]http://www.discuss.com.hk/images/common/back.gif[/img][/url]
1) 我係D forum 見人話 Uol External LLB City firm
人唔buy? 為什麼? 謠言?
2) 同樣, Uol External LLB 係行內 reputation 係店? 因為好多人
話 reputation 比 CityU JD 較好? 係真唔係? ... [/quote]
LLB1234 2012-10-4 00:54
I would say the recognition level / reputation of CPE and Lond U LLB is the same. Compared to Lond U, CPE is more difficult to get in but it is easier to pass. The entrance requirement for Lond U LLB is very low but it is not easy to pass.
scotman 2012-10-7 11:13
to answer your question:1. city firm dont need to look at UOL since they have many applicants from local years before these LLB students graduated.,
2. no comparison can be made since they are different and in any event, and in any event, looks at 1.
3. UOB external LLB marking does not matter. the qualification only proves that you had spent sometime and get that degree and that is all. No sensible employer will be impressed by UoB Ex. LLB. though who are impressed have reality of the real world and as a matter of fact, all employer in legal firm knows how much it worths.
To be honest, it matters little whether you get your LLB from external or internal, what is important is that you must get into a PCLL., if you want to become a lawyer. There are a lot of , really a lot of people outside with a degree of Ext.LLB . who may wonder why they took up LLB earlier in the first place. Sure, if you read LLB as a hobby, fine.