bloodyhellt 2012-10-1 09:35 PM
Seeking advice on jobhi all ching and ctse,
i am not a fresh grad but a science degree holder with 1 year of admin and property management working experience. Recently, i had an interview of a popular chain book store. The title is retail management trainee which aims to provide 9 months training e.g. store operation, logistics, printing, merchandising, sales and marketing etc., basically work in the store and will get the chance promoted to be assistant shop manager after training. There will be 6 months probation, starting salary will be 11K and will have salary adjustment after probation. However, i don't know the working location but do know i have to work for 10/10.5 hrs per day(may be 5/6 days working week) and will have double pay.
Generally speaking, i am that kind of person who can spend the whole day at book shop and interested in book store operation. Yet, the company hasn't given the offer to me but i am wondering this job is worth trying or not if i have the opportunity to get the offer, i am struggling as i love reading very much...and my ideal career is to do a job related to my interest.
can ching/ctse give me some advice on this job? many many thanks.
chicken1980 2012-10-3 12:54 PM
Well let's look at it one at a time:
1. $11K starting salary sounds okay to you?
2. 10-10.5 hours a day at work acceptable for you?
3. As a science degree holder, would you feel uncomfortable leaving your knowledge behind and start a brand new career, particularly in retail operations?
4. You can spend whole day running around in a book store for now, but is that something you still want to do in a longer time period, say 2-3 years later?
5. What exactly is the 'interest' that you've mentioned? Reading books? Operation in retail?
screenname 2012-10-3 01:20 PM
回覆 2# 的帖子*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***
chicken1980 2012-10-3 01:31 PM
回覆 3# 的帖子That's what I'm saying :handshake
He/ she might enjoy this at the start because he/ she may perhaps read those books during free time; plus the fact that it is always exciting when anybody starts a new job.
The question is how long can that excitement last? And that is what I want him to answer in Question 4.